Re: Why does my ammeter jump around when running my tesla coil?

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > The spark gap in a Tesla coil generally fires in a
 > chaotic manner
 > which leads to the unsteady current draw.  By using
 > a synchronous
 > rotary gap, or a STSG, the current draw would be
 > much steadier.
 > However the unsteady current draw is nothing to
 > worry about.
 >
 > John
 >

 > >When i run my tesla coil (currently running on 1
 > 12/60 nst), i notice that
 > >the ammeter that is connected to the nst jumps from
 > 10-13 amps the whole
 > >time i run it. It never stayes at one place for
 > more than 1 second, why
 > >does it do this?
 > >Thanks
 > >Adam
---
Aaah..,you were talking about ammeter showing
unsteadiness  and not vibration of instrument as whole
(I already started to wonder where and how you have
been putting that ammeter that 13 amps could shake it
-quite unlikely to happen).
Next time ,be more specific please.
John offered good explanation (if nothing else but
needle shakes).

cheers,
boris