RE: NST replacements

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

  > This past fall I paid a retired engineer from a
  > certain leading NST
  > manufacturer to set down with me for a day and help
  > develop a new design as
  > a replacement for those NST's that will soon be
  > unavailable even used.  The
  > new ones will be electronic in a few years and a
  > current limited
  > conventional NST will no longer be available.

I really doubt there will be any shortage or noticeable increase in prices
for secondhand conventional NSTs in the near
and far future.  There are millions upon millions of these things floating
around.  Sure, maybe you won't be able to
purchase a new conventional NST from a distributor with this new policy /
regulation, but how many tesla coilers pay
full price for new NSTs (besides myself!).  Ebay will continually be a
source of thousands of these things, and most of
your local neon shops will most likely still get rid of their old ones at
reasonable prices if not free.

Its not like the governing legislation is going to seize all the millions of
conventional NSTs already out there.

The Captain