Re: Various questions was: Re: potential transformer for sale?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jocelyn Duquette by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdessence-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > where can I find a good modern web site or ... to get good information to
 > build a Tesla device w/ 3 coils?

Try this:
Some "magnifier" theory:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/magnifier.html
I don't have yet one to show.
A quite good version with three coils and no magnetic coupling:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres6.html

 > FYI I am building a bio-medical device I need good explanations to describe
 > all the changes going on as well as the different waveforms & signals being
 > created. Most web sites don't seem to get to that level of explainations.

I recommend some readings from the times when high voltage generators
were extensively used in medicine. Go to http://gallica.bnf.fr, and
do a search for D'Arsonval and Oudin. You will see the entire book that
D'Arsonval wrote about electrotherapy, and some papers by him and by
Oudin (in French).
See also:
http://www.electrotherapymuseum-dot-com/
http://radiantslab-dot-com/quackmed/