Re: magnetically quenched gap "Director"

Original poster: "tcbfw by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tcbfw-at-charter-dot-net>

Colin,
Thanks for showing interest, Yes you understood the main point correctly.
There is no spark gap in the running coil pictured, without being cooled the
unit will only run for a few minutes but we have been able to increase that
time significantly by operating the unit in oil (but if I posted a picture
of a coil running and a closed box . . . ;-)