Re: Solid State Plasma Tweeters

Original poster: "Jerry Chamkis by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jchamkis-at-bga-dot-com>

In the '60s or so- When Janszen electrostatic tweeters were popular in the
high end home systems, there was a German plasma tweeter called the Ionophone
(or more likely Ionophon).  It sounded -fabulous--, cost more money than I
could imagine at the time, but was unlikely to contain any solid state
electronics.  In doing a quick google on it, looks like the principle was
patented in 1946 and that there's a lot of activity in this area.

I've long dreamed of building-   well, let's just call it an ionic woofer.

see www.teslaphone-dot-com

Looks like y'all are going to beat me to it.  :-)

Jerry

--
Jerry Chamkis
jchamkis-at-bga-dot-com