Strike Ring

Original poster: "Jeremy D. Gassmann by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gassmajd-at-email.uc.edu>

Hi group,
         First off, thank you for your replies to "Strike object and Terry
filter"!  Just needed some good opinions and info.  Now I have a question
about the strike ring to protect the primary (and hence the NST's) from
taking a direct strike from the output of the coil.  My question is, how
high above the primary (or how low below the toroid) should I place the
ring and how much distance should I leave from end to end of the ring so
that I have no where near a shorted primary turn.  My secondary is 4" in
diameter along with the cross section of my toroid and the toroid has a 25"
main diameter.  The toroid is approximately 3 ft. from the primary which is
a flat spiral.  My power supply is 4- 15 kV 30 mA NST's in parallel (1.8
kVA).  It uses a multiple static gap with forced air over the gaps and a
plate capacitor of 2.2 nF.  If I am leaving out any necessary info, let me
know.  You may be able to find any needed info at my web site at the
bottom.  Thank you very much for your help!  With all of the info you guys
have given me, I have become very close to completing my First coil.

Jeremy Gassmann
Cincinnati, Oh
http://jeremyee.tripod-dot-com