Re: capacitance formula

Original poster: "Ray von Postel by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vonpostel-at-comcast-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>

>Theoretically yes, in reality no.  You can never assume capacitors in series
>will share voltage equally among them.

As I read the question it related to the capacitance.  That has nothing to
do with the voltage.

>In practice,  you would also use equalizing resistors across each capacitor
>to equalize the voltage across the capacitors.

Yes, but there are only two plates in this capacitor. Physically there is
only one capacitor. It consists of two plates separated by two different
dielectrics.
Ray