Re: Biggg power & the Elecric company meet :{

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/29/03 9:18:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>But be interesting if he had
>a rough guess as to the cost of such a thing.  I do know the cost of puling
>400 amp 480 three phase in.  In this case can't tell the actual number in
>public, but lets just say it is staggering!!

Terry, Kevin, all,

I was considering purchsing a piece of land and building a
house on it before I setled on the new house that I'm in now
that was already built and already HAD all of the utilities in-
stalled. Since the land was in a rural area of the county, I
was going to have to run nearly 1/2 mile of primary line to
the house site at a cost of $15 a FOOT! That would have
translated to well over $40K just to get power to the site!!
That was pretty much what made me decide that moving
to the 'burbs was good enough as opposed to moving to the
country :^))

David Rieben