RE: Calculating E-Field of SSTC or Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

John,
      last weekend I finally got a way to directly measure the resonant F of
one of my secondaries, I got 204.8 KHz.  ETesla6 predicted 204 KHz.  Thats
less than 1% error.  Nothing else comes that close.  ETesla6 is the method by
which everything else can be guaged.  As to the question about the use of
Wheeler and Medhurst, of course they should be used, you don't need the
accuracy of ETesla6 to get a TC to work, just adjust the primary tap until
it works, for that Wheeler and Medhurst+80%Toroid work just fine to get you
into the ball park.

-Pete Lawrence.

 >Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>