Re: [tesla] Soft transformer turn on without a variac

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwhitmor-at-muscanet-dot-com>

I have used Negative Temperature Coefficient Thermistors in power supplies
before.
They are very simple inexpensive series devices, but they do need to be
properly
sized for the average current draw. Check them out at:

http://www.ametherm-dot-com/Inrush_Surge_Limiters.htm

Other companies also sell NTC limiters. I bought mine from the "Digi-Key"
catalog.

On 23 Jul 2003 at 18:53, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Peter Terren by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

<http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/Scitech.htm>http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/Scitech.htm