Re: Car Ignition Failures

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>Lets note that those plugs are feed with highz cables,

         lo z.  few kohms.

>and the igniton coil isn't tuned.  Also, the spark

>itself is compleatly contained inside a grounded

         floating.  (rubber tires...)
         (tho this is irrelevant, sort of, as the
         motor does make a faraday cage (sort of).)

>object (the motor)

         HOWEVER:
         The spark INSIDE the engine his attached to
         an ANTENNA (otherwise called a spark plug wire),
         which is OUTSIDE the engine.  Easiest way to
         'defeat' a Faraday Cage is to run a wire out
         thru it...
         (yes: the commonly used resistor plug/resistor
         wire reduces the 'emi' from the ignition spark:
         _reduce_, rather than eliminate.

>and the control computer KNOWS theres noise then and maybe goes on standby,

         Its designed and filtered for THE EXPECTED noise.
         Stray fields from an 'EMP motor stopper' or from
         a Tesla Coil can EXCEED the filtering level
         supplied.

         Related:
         I'm unaware of any links on the 'police engine
         stoppers'.  They have been built, tested, sort of
         work.  Practicality unknown.  Adoption unknown.
         Similar devices have been proposed since the
         1930s.  internet search might find something.

         best
         dwp

.