RE: Proposal for Tesla Coil Data Base

Original poster: "Steve Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >If this already exists, I have missed it - I propose that a data base of
 >what Tesla list coil builders consider their best effortsbe developed.

I think this would be a great idea. It gives builders something to aim for.
It would also be a great way of getting data together for efficiency and
spark growth theories. In particular it would be nice to get more data
points for the various Freau type spark length formulas. I recently saw one
by Dr. Resonance where the constant isn't 1.7 but depends on the coil
diameter.. I prefer this one because my 3.5" system stomps all over it :D

The one problem is that you need an accurate input power measurement which
most builders don't have the capability to do. But I'm sure it would be cool
anyway. I imagine something like a "Tesla Coils of the World" database with
secondary diameter, height, toroid dimensions, resonant frequency, BPS,
capacitor size, (estimated) power input, spark length, comment, a small
(200x200 highly compressed) picture, and name/contact info/country of the
builder.

It would contain absolutely every coil that we can get data for, everything
from the Colorado Springs Transmitter to the Trashy Tesla :) I'm willing to
take this project on if nobody else is :) and also host it although I
imagine Terry might prefer it to be on hot-streamer-dot-com.

Steve C.