Re: Cutting torroidal cores

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Thanks to all for the posts so far.. ;)

As for the wide gap, these cores are going to be used as
c-core electromagnets in a machine known as a homopolar
generator. Not necessarily tesla coil related, but I
figured that this was the best place to find out how to
make the cut. It's part of an independent project that I'm
working on with a friend (and possibly a senior project ;)
) We hope to be able to use it to power a rail gun.. :-D

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen