From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 6:52 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: high voltage measurement w/ divider

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

No shrapnel involved.. Even if one resistor fails, the rest will limit the
current, until they fail so you don't get the big peak currents needed for
explosions.. Big snap, smoke, flames, but probably not explosions.

That's not to say that one shouldn't be careful with large amounts of stored
energy available.... There are plenty of other places for untoward rapid
energy release..