Re: To All

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi All, Marc,

On 3 Feb 2003, at 7:57, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

 > Bart,
 >
 > It is possible that the camera was being saturted in the dark by
 > the bright streamers.  In that way they would look thicker in the
 > video than they really are.
 >
 > I like the 120" strike pictures :)
 >
 > Very nice pictures, Marc!  :)

I missed seeing the url for these. Would you mind posting it please?
      It is true that video often enhances the appearance of sparks as
the aperture widens to allow for the overall reduction in light
level. The first time I saw a coil running on video I wondered what I
was doing wrong until I cottoned on to what was happening. The haze
around the sparks is very real but is often undetected by eye since
the spark channel is orders of magnitude brighter. A lot of still
cameras in particular don't adjust for this and make the effect
visible, especially with long exposure times.

Regards,
Malcolm