Re: 1080VA coil pics

Original poster: "EMMETT SECREST" <secrest2032-at-msn-dot-com>

Chris,
I am new to this but would like to point out an observation I made from the
pic. By the way, nice job. I noticed that it appears you have a bolt thru
the top of the secondary form with the secondary winding attached and then
on up to the topload. I wondered if this might be the reason for the arcing
down the side of the secondary. I have read many times that there should be
no penetrations of the secondary form.  If this is as it appears would the
bolt not form a breakout point within the secondary? As I said I am new to
coiling and don't mean to come off as a know-it-all. I just hoped that my
observation might help.

Emmett