The VTCC

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Steve-

I enjoyed seeing the photos of your VTCC.  Good work!

I'd think you would want to employ the on-off gating to diminish the duty
cycle & thus allow for a higher peak spark-power.  Also, the current
posting re the 833C seems a good reminder.

 >From my experience, I'd advise against doing much with s.s. coils:  Too
many parts to fail--and too little capability of testing the electronics
while the coil is operating, due to emf induced into the test equipment.

If I can maintain the energy I'm going to continue looking into my
notions for a Marx-like primary--where a set of resonating capacitors is
repetitively charged in parallel from the mains & then discharged in
series thru the primary coil.  I've always been reluctant to work with
5-12 KV of mains-ac lurking around!

Regards,

Ken