Re: new single 833A VTTC

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/22/03 11:15:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>just build a new VTTC the other day with great success.  Whats funny is
> >that just the single 833A does nearly as much as when i had 2 of them on
>my
> >old coil... obviously the dual 833A VTTC was NOT optomised.

Steve,

Nice results.  I'm reading my old notes from 2/20/98.  At that time
I installed a level shifted MOT onto my large VTTC while using a
single 833A tube.  This arrangement gave 22" sparks without
staccato, and the tube ran with acceptable redness.  The coil
drew 15A  at 120 volts.

Just previous to my work, Rob Stevens of Canada built a magnifier
VTTC using a single 833A and level shifted MOT.  His setup also
drew 15A at 120 volts, and gave the same 22" spark length.  It
was not a staccato coil.

Holiday Cheers,
John

Im running