Re: new single 833A VTTC

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

The staccato is to keep plate dissipation within the limits of the tube.
The output sounds like bassy thudding, and at maximum power there is a
little more mid to the tone of the output, but mostly bass.  If you look at
my site you will see i have used several other transmitting tubes in my
other VTTCs:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/

Also, i think if i add more capacitance to the plate supply i can achieve
24" sparks.  Its getting better at hitting 22" now at only 115VAC on the
input.  I plan to go up to about 130VAC input, but the arcs are breaking up
at 115.  So i think a stronger supply is in order to get the very maximum
output... this is at least what ive experienced in all of my setups.

As for the voltage on the plate... your guess is as good as mine.  MOTs are
typically 1800-2200VAC.  Im running a doubler circuit, so it might be
around 4000-4500V depending on how much the coil is loading the supply.

Steve