Re: One Stop Tesla Coil Shop

Hi Gerry,

15/60s are pretty common.  15/120s seem to be special order items.  The
15/60s do show up on E-bay pretty often.  15/60s can be ordered new off the
net for about $120 plus shipping.  Of course, the trick is to get them
free.  If you are willing to pay for them, things get much
easier.  Probably your best bet is to ask here on the list for people
wishing to sell them.  Expect to pay about $35 for shipping too.  The
problem is rarely finding transformers.  The problem is usually finding
"free" transformers ;-)  You are competing against people like this:

http://lasvegas.craigslist-dot-org/ele/19427905.html

If one can buy say 5 new ones at a time, then one can throw one's weight
around at a wholesale distributor.  You just tell them you are from TWF
Power Electronics and need them to repair a plasma ion depletion processor
while holding a couple of hundred dollar bills :o)))  But things are
getting tough with the new UL standards so finding non-GFI ones may get harder.

Cheers,

         Terry