Re: Breakdown voltages of toroids

 >  > At Jim Lux's website, the breakdown voltage is expressed as:
 >  > Vbreakdown = B * p * d / (C + ln( p * d))
 >  > http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux/hv/paschen.htm
 >  > <http://home.earthlink-dot-net/%7Ejimlux/hv/paschen.htm>
 >
 > There is an apparent dimensional error in this formula. p*d doesn't look
 > adimensional.

Nope.. it's an empirical relation (and stated as such in my original source,
which, if I didn't credit it on the page, I will fix today), so not subject
to dimensional analysis.. basically, it attempts to fit to the usual Paschen
relation of Vbreak = f(pd), where the product of p*d is the independent
variable