Re: Theoretical understanding

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/8/03 8:23:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 1:19 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Theoretical understanding

Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Jim,

I have searched for sometime looking for a derivation of the equations
for the coupled pendulum. The standard texts like Sears and Zemansky
or Resnick and Halliday don't have it. Do you know of a source for the
derivation?

Hi Ralph,
     You're right - The standard texts like Sears and Zemansky, Resnick and
Halliday or even Shortley & Williams don't have it. The only introductory
text in which I have found the coupled pendulum problem discussed is in
Volume I, section 49 of "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" Addison Wesley
Publ. Co. 1963 L.O.C. Cat.No.63-20717.

Hope this helps,
Matt D.