Re: mishaps and oscillator former suggestion

Original poster: Christoph Bohr <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello everyone who responded.!

First thank you all for your input. I had some spare time yesterday and though
I hadn't read any answers yesterday morning I decided to give it a try.
Because octagonal seemed to produce too sharpe edges I deciced to go with a
dodecagon. This was pretty much work but looks really nice now.( pics coming
soon ) The supports are approximately 1/2" wide and 2,5" deep for additional
strength. ( BTW Robert: Of course one can buy 30cm tube here, but it really
is rather expensive,at least for my means. And maybe because of the tense
economical situation around most companys are less willing to do some
extraordinary stuff...)

The upper and lower support disks are made from 12" dia medium densitiy
fibreboard, but this time I will dry and polyurethane-finish it thoroughly,
after all the potential at these points will be floating on the PE supports
if any conduction should occour so I hope there won't be problems with
arc-overs.

I calculated everything with inca as if it was on a round fomer and will add
adjustable coupling, tining range, etc to be able to compensate some minor
errors.

Today I finally found time to make an insulator from clay and I am very
curious how it will look like when dry and annealed  ;-)= It will hopefully
support the C2 toroid.

Tomorroy I will contact a company that sells copper in order to buy some 2"
copper strap for the primary.

Thank's again, I will post some pictures soon.

sincerely

Christoph