Adjusting coeff. of coupling --- with the coil running!!

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Adjust your coeff. of coupling --- with the coil running.

We use a small 10 RPM DC gear motor mounting 90 degrees on an angle bracket
and a stiff piece of phenolic rod which joins the motor to the brass rod on
the bottom of the sec.   We use a short stiff 3/8 thick piece of brass that
is tapped 3/8-16 (1/2-13 for larger coils) and affixed to the bottom of the
upper piece of our "test stand".  We can stand back 15 feet and run the
motor which runs the sec both up and down --- while the coil is running!

With new designs we can dial in the best coeff. of coupling in about 30
seconds.  Then we log the data so on future windings we can just start the
winding up the sec. the correct distance above the primary.

If anyone wants to use it for tuning their coil at our Teslathon we will
have it available.  Just be sure you sec. botton has a 6 inch long x 3/8-16
brass stud sticking out of the bottom of your sec.  Drill a small 1/8th
hole crosswise through the stud near the lower end --- this will coupling
to our motor directly.

We can hit the very best coeff. of coupling and give you another ft. of spark!

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913