Re: Tuning a spark gap TC

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You would have to adjust the spark gap.
Some people use a short length of copper
pipes laid side by side, for low power
runs and tests they adjust a tap
so that there is only one or two gaps,
and at full power adjust so all the gaps
are in the circuit.

Rotary gaps usually don't need to be adjusted
because their electrodes are already close
enough.

But for the plain, two-bolt spark gap, you will
have to move them closer at lower voltages.

I built the TCT, terry's tesla coil tuner circuit
and it works pretty good if you don't have a scope
and signal generator.
(Basically a signal generator derived from a 555)

It's in the file archives off of www.hot-streamer-dot-com
under the TCT directory.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.htm