Re: Capacitor advice

Original poster: "Phil Parry by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ryukin-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

Hi again,

Thanks to everyone who replied, both on and off list.

The consensus seems to be:
- they are mica caps
- they were a good find
- they are a bit iffy for a spark gap coil but would be better in a VTTC.

That's good news - I was thinking of making a small VTTC first (with one or
two EL509 sweep tubes) anyway, and then maybe a spark gap one when I've
gained more experience.  I've looked at mosfet coils and OLTCs but I think
tubes would be more likely to survive my mistakes :)

And yes Greg, I did drop a digit on the 20kV cap, it's 0.0003uF.  Good job
I've got 15 of them!  (and about six of the 6kV ones)

Thanks again,
Phil