RE: Flat spiral secondary/ OK to use "spiderweb"?

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Jolyon,

Yes, the normal flat spiral formulae will work for a tight wound flat spiral
secondary.  As for a spider web design, it may or may not have unique
properties of its own, but if the wires are not all perpendicular to the
center of the coil the focus of the electric and magnetic fields will get
fuzzy.  Without focus, it will be difficult to utilize the effect of the
coil.

Flat spiral secondaries are not difficult to wind.  With the proper jig and
preparation I wind perfect, circular 13" flat spirals in about 20 to 30
minutes.  I'm contemplating winding a 45" flat spiral secondary later this
year.

Dave