Re: my friends coil

Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

 >>plan to build a solid state tesla coil just for variety.  This will be a
full-bridge circuit, with power mosfets and mosfet drivers, and a ferrite
isolation transformer.<<

Did you change your mind on the 3 x 833 coil? I'm a bit disappointed
as I thot we would both be making an 833 VTTC. Sorry to be so slowed down
on responding to these emails. Busy around the house.

As I wrote previously, I'm setting up this first VTTC to run on the 805 / 838
configuration. I have a coil form all set to go on the lathe now. I'll wind
12.5 inches of #28 on 3.5 inch OD pvc. Is that OK? Haven't forgotten what
you said about building the thing in modules. I have some brilliant ideas
on mtg the
primary coil so as to make it easy to adjust the coupling.

I have been sucking on a lemon lately. I just cannot understand these guys
who want to build a TC but have no idea on how to make a coil winder.
Seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

 >>I have to order various parts.  I ordered some parts as free samples
from Maxim.<<

I have never tried that. Do you use a letterhead?
I would like to get a few free samples from Maximes.  :-))