Re: Electrical Properties of Aluminum and Network Analyzer was : RE: Brass

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

I still think a calorimetric measurement of losses in similar tank
circuits of brass, aluminum, and copper would give conclusive results.
Some difference, but nothing dramatic.  A TC is a very inefficient
device (all of the input power goes into heating the copper and the
ionized air) and a difference in output power between a primary circuit
with a Q of 20 and a Q of 200 should be insignificant.  Of course, I've
never made such a measurement, but I've felt primaries after they've run
a while.  If they don't get very warm at input power levels of a few
hundred watts I can't imagine their losses are big enough to worry
about.

Ed