Re: HV MMCs was Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi Jim,

Do you thing the corona will be a big problem?  Antonio's caps had very
heavy ionization right across the dielectric since he had a single
layer.  But in this case, it is just a few sharp metal edges.  Spewing a
few electrons into free air.  The power loss should be nil and the voltage
is over a long distance so it should not arc over.  I could add a corona
ring (or a full series of grading rings), but I was not thinking this would
be a big problem.

Perhaps I might get regular streamers going of the terminals and such?  Not
sure...

Cheers,

         Terry