Re: Polishing Lexan or Plexiglass

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Thanks for the tips on fire polishing and the micro-mesh, everyone!

Adam, it is too late - all three boxes arrived today (I ordered yesterday
from McMaster!).  Just have to pick them up from the UPS hub in town.  My
design uses a strike ring, so primary strikes shouldn't be a big issue.  I
am a little concerned about inter-turn sparking, which has plagued my
current coil when it isn't in perfect tune.

Your primary was actually one of the inspirations to use Lexan
(polycarbonate) for the primary base and supports.  I also bought some 1"
Lexan rod to see about using that as feet between the sub-base (location of
cap, gap, and "TerryFilter").  I expect that it will really be too flimsy,
but we'll see when it gets built.

Thanks,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group