Re: OLTC maggy

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Steve,
I took a quick look at your Pspice / simulation post.I
didn't closecheck values ,but something is fishy about
the simulation.Other listees will surely find what.
I must dash now.
See my other remark bellow.

 >By the time I've enclosed
 > the secondary coil in
 > thick plastic insulation of some sort (dielectric
 > constant about 5 to 8)
---
Thick plastic insulation of "some sort" in position
you described might be very loosy in RF fields.Depends
on material and F.
If happens,that isn't good at all for TC operation.
---

 >b)Another constructing possibility is putting
 > grounded
 > >cylindrical screen inside driver coil cavity.The
 > >continuity of the cylinder to be broken from top to
 > >bottom in few places (ie.vertical cut) in order to
 > >prevent shorted turn effects due to intensive
 >> magnetic
 > >field presence in driver.
---
Certainly I meant primary outside and cylinder inside
secondary driver here.With careful construction (if
not too much C2 needed) you might not even need thick
plastic insulation in between but that can suck if you
use higher than standable bang size.
1600 BPS you are considering isn't good for spark
lenght .John F. might comment on this.Plan to try  800
BPS or less with still 800W.Not easy I know.

best regards,
boris