Re: PPA (Personal Protective Equipment) Re: Mad experiment - Stick to Birdcage

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><davep-at-quik-dot-com>
>
> > Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >
> > Dan,
>
> > Why welding goggles?
>	UV from the primary gap can do evil things to
>	the eyes, just as welding flash does to welders
>	eyes.

Dave,

I thought the gap was the UV source, not the arcs/streamers themselves.  So
if the gap is shielded away from view the only need for the googles would be
from possible projectiles?  If I'm wrong please let me know.

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX