Seacor capacitor sucesses

Original poster: "Rothman, Aric by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Aric.Rothman-at-Honeywell-dot-com>

About three years ago, I organized a group purchase of Seacor KP25
capacitors.  I am curious to learn how these caps
have been used (string lengths, number of strings) and which what types of
power supplies (NST, MOT, Pigs, etc.)  These
caps are foil-ended poly caps rated 0.047uF, 1600 VDC, 4000 V/uS, with 27.5
mm lead spacing.

I am contemplating construction of a MMC for an NST (15kV, 120mA) powered
TC, favoring an LTR cap size of 0.03uF.  I'm
planning string lengths of 14 Seacor caps, but from what I have read on
this list, that might be too conservative.  I am
seeking opinions on optimum string length.

Aric