Re: 42l OH NO!!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I was running 24 in series for 28.8kv.  One would think that is plenty of
margin.  Im sick of these 1200v caps, and i dont want to risk dealing with
42ls if i can.  Soooo, i bought some CD caps from Richardson.  I bought the
.22uf at 1600v  942C16P22K.  My large coil(15/120) will use 2 strings of 15
or 16 (yet to be determined).  The MMC calculator says ;)) to these so i
think im ok.   They have good RMS and Peak currents.  My medium coil (12/60)
will use either 14 or 15 in series, only one string, but like i said, good
current ratings.  So I spent another $100 on caps.  This time, they wont
break!  By the way, i wanted geek caps, but i couldnt find anything on the
website (the new one), and i checked the CD inventory on the CD site, and
they didnt even have any in stock, so i went with these at only $1.93 a pop,
not bad.

I still think that its just these 1200v caps and not the 2000 & 3000v ones.

Steve Ward.

PS, Dan, when are you gonna get some spark pics up on your site.  I want to
see them.  You dont even have a pic of your completed 15/60 coil!!  I guess
i cant talk since i dont even have a web site.