Re: The Fester Addamms Trick . . .

I actually have a stage lightbulb designed to do that trick, I would guess
that Fester's bulb worked in the same way. Mine is a small bulb (like a
flashlight bulb) mounted inside the regular lightbulb (looks exactly like a
regular lightbulb except it's frosted and made of plastic) with a battery,
wires, etc. There's a small pushbutton on the tip of the screw base that you
can work with your finger, or your tongue. The base unscrews to change the
battery (a single AA). Looks realistic unless you're really close and
examining the bulb. Since the voltages are only 1.5VDC it's perfectly safe
to put in your mouth. It's a cool demo and the kids love it :) I bought mine
at a local theatrical supply shop where I got most of my other toys
(Flashpaper palm cannons, etc).

Wish I could justify $200 for that collapsable Top-Hat *drools*.

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>
>Speaking of lightbulbs . . .
>
>Anyone know how Fester Addamms performed the lightbulb in the mouth
>trick???
>Clearly there are no wires.
>My guess its probably a flourescent type bulb (not incandescent) and
>probably done in a high potential EM field to excite the bulb.
>
>Any one know what really went on here??  It be cool to do the same trick.
>Sure, i guess you could swallow a 4 foot flourescent tube, but it wouldn't
>be the same
>
>Dan

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson

http://photos.msn-dot-com/support/worldwide.aspx