Re: Goal is Hi-Fi Stereo (dual) SSTC singing arc system

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

> >     Very true. Plus, having an optocoupler-type interface should make it
> > fairly easy to connect up without too much exotic surge supression. Now
> > someone just needs to sit down and write a MIDI to BPS microcontroller.
> > Guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week :)
> > db

> I never thought about all the surge/EMI stuff, but you bring up a good
point. I
> don't know much about the electronics of MIDI, just what it can do, and
what I
> use it for. IMO, MIDI might be easier for TCs, instead of serial port,
mainly
> because of the software that you would actually use, is already out there.
>
> If anyone actually does this, keep me informed!
> Jonathon Reinhart
> hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon

    I think I'm gonna go there. I already have a microcontroller running my
TSG so it's no great leap of hardware. Just need to work out the protocol.
I'll keep you posted-
db