Re: Goal is Hi-Fi Stereo (dual) SSTC singing arc system

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 9/14/02 9:22:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>     Very true. Plus, having an optocoupler-type interface should make it
> fairly easy to connect up without too much exotic surge supression. Now
> someone just needs to sit down and write a MIDI to BPS microcontroller.
> Guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week :)
> db

I never thought about all the surge/EMI stuff, but you bring up a good point. I
don't know much about the electronics of MIDI, just what it can do, and what I
use it for. IMO, MIDI might be easier for TCs, instead of serial port, mainly
because of the software that you would actually use, is already out there.

If anyone actually does this, keep me informed!
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon