From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 9:10 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Anyone ever successful with Ball Lightning generation here.
. . .

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> 	Although some would call it blasphemy, I've always
> felt that Tesla's
> description and explanation of whatever he saw
> didn't make much sense.
> With the power guys are running now anything he saw
> should have been
> seen again.
>
> Ed

I wouldn't call it blasphemy at all...I would call it
a good dose of scientific skeptical scrutiny.  I agree
with you 100% on this one.  Until someone comes up
with a repeatable, reproducable example of a "ball
lightning" event, I would consider most reports to be
highly dubious...including whatever anecdotal reports
from Tesla himself or anyone else for that matter.  Of
course, if someone wants to make it their project to
try to create ball lightning, I say that's great, I
would like it if it turns out to be a real phenomina.
Especially one that's lab reproducable.  But the
evidence out there seems to be lacking severely.

-Brett