Re: Surplus Power Equipment?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 9/6/02 6:28:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Another option for more distant coil builders:  we could pull the core/coil
> assembly out and ship that --- approx weight 90 lbs.
>
> We pull out all the core coil assemblies on our pigs and then recase them
> into a 15 x 15 x 17 in (high) 3/16" steel enclosure capped off with a sheet
> of 1/4 in thick phenolic.  Both 240 VAC, ground, and single HV lead brought
> out of this case.  We always connect one HV side to the core's frame.
> Later, fill tank with xmfr or mineral oil and you are ready to roll.
>
> This might be the best answer for the more distant experimenters who really
> do need one but can't afford one due to the high freight cost.
>
> Dr. Resonance

Sounds like a pretty good idea ;-) I believe UPS will deliver anything
that is properly packed or crated that is < 150 lbs. I've purchased and
had delivered 140 lb. pulse (quarter shrinker) capacitors and a 100 lb.
potential transformer before, at fairly reasonable (< $100) shipping
rates.

Coiling in Memphis,
David Rieben