Re: Balancing an RSG rotor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/28/02 9:24:39 AM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> What are good techniques for balancing the rotor?

Aric,
I have a 10 inch disk of G-11 on a 1/2 inch arbor.
All bets are off if you didn't lay out all the holes B4 cutting the disc.
I first drill a very small (1/16) hole for the leg of the dividers. I make
all the layout
and do all the geometry from that point before I cut the disc. That small
hole
becomes the center which fits directly over the 1/2 inch shaft arbor. I cut
the circle on a band saw and faced-off the disc on a lathe.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman