From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 6:20 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Wintesla, TCCAD and my poor results.

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Mark -

I checked your coil parameters with the JHCTES program and the program
shows
almost the same spark length as Wintesla. The reason you are not getting
this result is because Tesla coil spark lengths are magic numbers. Only
certain coilers can get this type of output. The spark length depends
not
only on the parameters of the program but also on other conditions.
These
conditions vary with the skill of the builder and also on other
variables
that cannot be incorporated in a TC program.

John Couture