Re: Suggestions for Hookup wire...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/16/02 8:28:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi,
> >
> >I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for
> >high voltage hookup wire.
> >
> >Specifically, for connections to the primary
> >coil, spark gap, capacitor, NST etc...
> >
> >I'm thinking about using some coaxial cable scrap,
> >using the braided sheild as the main conductor and
> >TNC or BNC fittings as terminal posts. This way
> >I can mix and match different capacitors, spark
> >gap etc... with just a twist.

For the wire between the cap, gap, and primary, you should use a much larger
gauge wire. I use #6 welding cable. This will reduce primary losses. For the
30/60mA from the NST, even magnet wire will do.
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon