Re: Capacitive transformer with magnetic coupling?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

> With regard to the capacitive transformer TC, what would be the effect of
> positioning L1 concentric with L2 to permit some inductive coupling
between the
> coils as well as electrostatic coupling between the terminal and the
influence
> ring?
>
> Would there be any merit in doing so- or would it simply turn the capacitive
> transformer into an ordinary TC?

This results in a mixed form. The magnetic coupling can accelerate or
slow down the energy transfer (less or more cycles), depending on the
direction. Of course the system works between the two limits, or a
pure capacitive transformer and of a pure Tesla transformer. The maximum
voltage gain (ignoring losses) is not changed.
I observe that changing the position of L1 relative to L2 can serve
as fine tuning.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz