Re: 40w globe lightbulb = safe plasma ball?

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

> Interesting. This sounds like old vidicon tubes for video cameras that would
> just die if not used on a regular basis. I wonder why this is.

	I would guess:
		leakage of gas, inward, or from elements
	I once had a TV set with a picture tube which, as it aged,
	would arc and spark a bit (then more, then more) on
	startup.  Eventually quit entirely.  My Assumption is
	that the sparking was the tube 'gettering out' stray
	gas.  (even if not the NORMAL gettering, described
	elsewhere....).  If a whole family of tubes (vidicons)
	did this, I'd guess outgassing from one of the elements.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge