static sparks on secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Teslamagnifier-at-aol-dot-com>

After running the coil outside one night, I wanted to put it in the garage.
 I got a jolt when trying to pick it up. Even after grounding the base of
my secondary coil I got shocks.  I ran it a few more minutes and turned it
off.  While running my palm up and down the coil -seperated from it by a
couple of mm's, I could see millions of tiny sparks between the coil and my
hand.   Cool!  Needless to say the coil spent the night outside
Bill Shepard