Re: The Truth? Was RE: Sci-Fi Channel - In Search of - Tesla DeathRays!!!

Original poster: "Gary Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <glpeterson-at-tfcbooks-dot-com>

> . . . We use single-phase AC in our homes and that definitely
> predates Tesla's work; he didn't invent it.  He pioneered (but probably
> didn't exactly invent) the use of three-phase for distribution and
> operation of large motors. . . .

I'd say that Tesla at the very least deserves credit for having conceived of
and verbalized the rotating magnetic field principle, upon which his
polyphase system of electrical power generation, distribution and
utilization was based.