Re: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/30/02 12:59:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>Well, i have been reading around and some people say that the discharge
>from a tesla coil is (relatively) safe. Others say that is is extremly
>dangerous and the "skin" affect does not apply to humans (or somthing of
>the sort). I have done the experment where you stand on the platform and
>draw arcs to a metal object you are holding, and it felt safe. But, it is?
>Thanks
>Adam

Hi Adam,
        You might get away with it a couple of times. Some people have
ridden motorcycles without a helmet, and some scuba dive by themselves.
Some people have driven drunk, some have played Russian Roulette, some have
unprotected sex, and some do tricks with TC discharges to their bodies.
Those who are not dead, brain-damaged, or crippled -- yet, probably view
their activities as safe. How willing are you to risk being a crispy
critter or spending the rest of your life as an avocado's understudy.  It
only takes one slip-up and it's your butt.

Matt D.