best ground for tesla coils?

Original poster: "Hofer Tobias by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tobias.hofer-at-bluewin.ch>

hello

i was wondering whats the best ground for my tesla coil?
at the moment we connected our tesla coil to the earth from
the 220V main power.
but i have some doubt if this is a good solution. because of
disturbing other peopel who have their computer or somthing
else connected to the same ground.

whats better:
to take a metall plate on the floor to make my own earth?
how big should such a plate be?

or, to put a metall stake into the earth in front of my house, and
to link my teslacoil ground together whit this stake? to the connection
i would take a special emv cooper band.

or, to link my teslacoil together with the water pipe who is
comming in my house? what's about gas pipe's?

by tobias