Re: TC presented by Lord Kelvin, streamer shape

Hi All,
          Yesterday's post of mine on this topic had an error in
detail. I incorrectly said that the original coil was iron-cored (it
wasn't). I dug my machine out of a dusty recess to examine it and
remember that I decided to use a core due to the physical layout of
it. Instead of the primary being wound underneath the secondary
coils, I wound it and placed it in between them with a PVC pipe
running through all three, then potted the entire arrangement in a
mix of hotmelt and wax before immersing it all in oil. The rationale
for the core was to get better coupling since the primary wasn't
sitting underneath the secondaries. My sincere apologies.

Regards,
malcolm